Buying a baby stroller will not be easy for the first time buyers. The wide availability might confuse you. You will have to go through the feature, models, and benefits to pick the right product. For your help, followings are the details of the baby strollers and things to take into account before buying the stroller of your choice.
What are the different type of baby strollers?
Travel Systems: Travel system comes with a great combination of a stroller and car seat. You can use it for both the infants and toddlers. The car seat will lock into strollers. For the toddlers, you can use only the stroller. The price of this stroller is $150 to $500.
Traditional Strollers: You will get wide varieties including lightweight high-brand strollers and inexpensive umbrella strollers. There will be convertible, carriage system, mom-friendly stroller, and upright seated stroller.
Single Traditional Strollers: Single traditional strollers can be used until toddler hood. These are easy to maneuver and versatile. They come with fully-reclining seats to offer comfort and safety to your infants. You will also find infant car seat-compatible options.
Lightweight Umbrella Strollers: These strollers come with the curved handles that will give the feeling of an umbrella. Some key features are good for the transportation, easy to fold, and car-seat compatibility depending on the model. You might need to spend more for the developed models. But you will get a lot improved features in return. The price will vary significantly that ranges from $20 to $900.
Prams: Prams are highly appreciated by mothers due to its unique features. These strollers will come with a lightweight curved metal frame with oversized wheels. The traditional ones can help your little one to take a nap in the stroller. These strollers are designed for the newborn and infants. You will need a developed one for the older babies. The price will range from $800 to $1,200.
Seat Carries: Seat carries come with a simple and nice frame to hold the baby’s car seat. You might get an extra seat for your toddler. This feature does not come with all the models. The price will vary from $50 to $190.
Special Purpose Baby Strollers
Jogger Strollers: Jogger Strollers are designed for the babies who love adventure. Now, these are affordable and can help your baby, to enjoy the early life more. The price will vary from $90 to $800.
Therefore, it is important to go through all the features to ensure that you are buying the right product that is able to offer required comfort, safety, stability, and durability. For example, if you buy a fixed front wheel, it will restrict the maneuverability. These are also heavy and might not fit into the car trunk.
Double Strollers: Double strollers are designed for two babies. You can accommodate one child in the front and another behind by keeping them side by side. You will love the design and your babies will certainly enjoy the company of one another. The price will vary from $80 to $600.
Tandem/ Double strollers: These strollers come with two seats placed one directly behind the other. These are convenient to be used and can fit standard doorways. In some models, the rear seat will recline and the front seat will not. You can also set the seats in a few models. Others will come with stadium seats that will enable the child in back to observe the front. In fact, you will find some models with triplets.
Double Side-by-side Strollers: These strollers will come with two seats attached to a singular frame. It will give an impression that two strollers are bolted together. The features of this stroller will be similar to the single-passenger models. The benefit of this stroller is that it is easy to maneuver with two babies of same height and weight. In some models, there will be reclining seat backs to adjust the two seats separately.
Lifestyle Factors to Take Into Account Before Ordering the Right Stroller for Your Baby Needs as Well as Yours…
• Travel demands: Your travel needs will also determine the type of the stroller. If you do not travel much, you can consider an infant car seat carrier. For the frequent travelers, one of the best strollers will be an ideal option.
• Period of use: In the first few months, your little one will need support to sit. You need a stroller that will support your baby’s growth that might be the one that can be hooked in your car seat. Your baby’s age will play an important role to buy the right stroller.
• Season of usage: This will be an important factor. If your baby is due in winter and you are living in Colorado, you might not need a stroller for the first few months. Instead, you can buy an infant car seat. If you are living in a sunny climate, you can consider buying a lightweight stroller.
• Your location: Your living area will decide the type of the stroller you need. Moreover, if you do not have a car, you will need a sturdy as it will go through a lot of wear. The stroller will sit in your car trunk if you drive more frequently.
Top 10 Stroller Features to Consider Before Buying
- Safety: Your first concern should be safety. You should always choose the one that comes with JPMA seal. This seal is designed to offer improved safety. You will need to go through the instruction manual to know the features and cautions you need to take to get a better safety. The manual will help in the assembly and easy usage. In addition, you will have to ensure that the frame of the strollers locks into the position perfectly. That is important to avoid an accident. You can check the sharp edges to prevent any injury. The sharp edges can be harmful to the delicate skin of your little one. In brief, you will have to buy the one that meets the JPMA safety standards.
- Harnesses: The next is harnesses. There needs to be a restraint system for sure. You should consider the 5-point harness that will wrap around the waist and between the legs. Besides, it will come down over the little one’s shoulder. You will need a buckle that is secure and easy to unhook.
- Adjustable seat: Newborns and infants need more comfortable seats. Make sure that the seat reclines to the flat position until they are able to sit independently. You should be more careful with the kids below six months of age. It can be helpful for the toddlers as well since they can take a nap in the stroller with a reclining seat. Some reclining seats are poorly made and can flip to face while pushing. Therefore, it is important to check the mechanism to avoid such possibility.
- Maneuverability: You will certainly like the one that is easy to maneuver. Make sure that you can push it in a straight line and you are able to turn it using your one hand. You can consider the one that comes with swivel to have great maneuverability.
- Storage: You should buy the one that comes with a roomy basket to meet the different needs of your baby.
- Canopy: Canopies are designed to protect your little one from rain, wind, and sun while offering a smooth and comfortable ride. You should consider the fabric ones to get a better protection.
- Brakes: Brakes should be easy to operate. You should never consider the one that has a faulty brake. You can test them to ensure that it is easy and effortless to use. Besides, the wheels need to be locked when you use the break. There are different types of the brake including locking system for both back wheels at a time or individually. You can choose the one depending on your preference.
- Handle height: Handles height needs to be your weight level or a little below. As the strollers are built for the averaged sized women, you might find an ideal option. If you do not find any of that size, you should consider the one that comes with adjustable handles.
- Fabrics: Removable and washable fabric covers will be an ideal option as you can clean those covers easily.
- Versatility: For the versatility, you can buy the single strollers that can be converted into double and triple. You should also consider the accessories that will include riding boards, extra infant seats, baskets.
The 13-Step Checklist for a Test Drive!
• Is it easy to fold?
• What will be the reclining position?
• Does it have the required harness?
• Are the brakes easy to operate?
• Is it heavy?
• Does it have a roomy basket?
• Do you find the handles adjustable?
• Does it have cup holders?
• Is it easy to maneuver?
• What is the return policy?
• Will it fit into the car’s trunk?
• Does it have swivel?
• Does it meet JPMA safety standards?
Strollers are designed for the easy parenting. You just need to choose the right one to get the best protection and optimal comfort for your little one. You can go through all the features and purpose of use to buy a durable, safe, and easy-to-use product.